In Melbourne, Australia at Xerocon 2017 taking in the product changes and chatting with over 70 App partners that interface with Xero. It’s been incredible to see the enhancements not only within Xero that are on the horizon, but also the additional features within the partner App providers.
The All Accounted For team will be working our way through the potential benefits that could be delivered to our clients over the next few weeks. However here’s a quick summary of what we’ve picked up from Xero:
- Enhancements to expense claims – significant changes to the process, mobile apps that staff can use to make claims, easier payments process that can be made with payroll, etc.
- Projects – Xero has released a job management system as part of the Xero system. Its functionality is at a starting level currently, but it will be enhanced over the coming months. It would be of most benefit to professional service businesses with a handful of employees at this stage.
- User Role Changes – more flexibility around the level of access for users invited into a Xero file.
- Payment Gateways – Now the ability to add payment gateways such as Stripe to your Xero entity, meaning your clients can pay by credit card, but also you can pass on the transaction fees.
- Bank Rules for Transfers – The ability to now set bank rules so that transfer are always transferred to the correct bank account.
- Upcoming enhancements – More predictive functionality for invoices and bills, enhancements with fixed assets and improved ability to interact with us through Xero Discuss (which is currently limited to bank reconciliation).
From the App partners we are looking closely at the following Apps as having benefits for our clients:
- NowInfinity – Allowing better management of Company and Trust legal documentation and compliance obligations.
- Tradify – Ability to manage staff for trades based businesses.
And of course we continue to work with our recommended Apps SmartPayroll (best payroll provided in NZ), Workflowmax (job management), Spotlight Reporting (reporting), Vend (Point of Sale System) and Timely (appointment management and invoicing).If you want to know anything more about the changes or the Xero App partners, please contact anyone from the All Accounted For team.